Attendance Contact Information
Parents are to notify Friendship's office whenever a student is absent. (386) 575-4130 (press #1 for attendance)
Under Florida's compulsory school law (FL Statutes Chapter 232), each parent of a child within the compulsory attendance age is responsible for such child's attendance. All children who have attained the age of six years old, on, or before September first of the school year are required to attend school regularly during the whole school term.
Regular attendance for students during the school year is critical to a child's success in school. We know that parents share our dream of helping children to be the best that they can be. If we work together, this dream can and will become a reality. When a child must miss school due to illness or other family emergency, the parents must contact the school on the date of the illness or emergency to report the absence.
ALL CHILDREN SHOULD BE IN SCHOOL AND ON TIME EACH DAY
Change of Address
Parent/Guardians are to notify the office immediately of any change in address, telephone number or guardianship.
To change an address, you must furnish two forms of proper documentation of residency. Proper documentation shall consist of:
- The parent or guardian's valid Florida Identification card or driver's license;
- Current electric bill in the parent/guardian's name;
- Current non cellular telephone bill in the parent/guardian's name;
- A valid lease agreement with rent receipt or property deed with tax receipt showing homestead exemption; or
- Other valid documentation deemed acceptable under procedures established by the Superintendent/designee.
If the parent/guardian is living with someone else, therefore does not have documentation in their name (b,c or d above), use the Volusia School District "Residence Affidavit" accompanied by a valid Florida identification card or driver's license that matches the address listed on the affidavit.